Molly Blaase concentrates her practice in the areas of construction law, professional liability, and commercial litigation. Molly represents owners, developers, contractors, and subcontractors in the prosecution and defense of construction claims.
Clients turn to Molly for her realistic approach to cases and her focus on addressing the clients’ needs and priorities. She works closely with clients at the onset of litigation to determine a pragmatic path to resolution.
Prior to joining the firm, Molly represented clients in a wide array of litigation matters in state and federal court in New York and Chicago.
Molly spends her free time exploring the restaurants of Chicago with her husband and taking their dog, Ruthie, to the dog beach. Molly also enjoys seeing live music, running, and watching Georgia football.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Drafted successful motion for summary judgment in bad faith claim in St. Clair County, which was granted one week before trial was set to begin.
- Drafted successful motion to dismiss individual board member in a high-exposure board of director’s case.
- Represented and counseled multiple owners and contractors on various construction projects throughout New York City.
- Defended numerous owners and contractors in high-exposure construction defect cases.
- Represented and defended attorney in legal malpractice action in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Represented and counseled several financial services companies in matters before FINRA and the SEC.
Pro Bono Representation
Representing imprisoned individual in recently adopted Joe Coleman Act petition in an effort to secure a compassionate release.
- Little Timmy Project, Volunteer
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2019
- Illinois, 2020