Mark Noth practices in the areas of construction law and government contracts. Mark works with owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, and designers in avoiding, resolving, prosecuting, and defending construction claims and negotiating and drafting contracts.
Before joining the firm, Mark served as in-house counsel to one of the largest general contractors in North America, where he gained hands-on experience addressing and resolving disputes and negotiating design, construction, joint venture, and teaming agreements on a variety of private and government building, transportation, and water projects. Mark also has extensive experience working with clients on licensing and compliance issues.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Construction Law and Mechanics Lien Subcommittee
- American Bar Association
- Forum on Construction Law
- Represented a high-end real estate developer in the prosecution and defense of claims related to the default termination of the general contractor, focusing on schedule and delay issues and the management of scheduling experts.
- Drafted successful bid protest on behalf of disappointed bidder on a local housing authority procurement.
- Defended residential homebuilder against claims for breach of contract and fraud, securing early settlement after obtaining summary judgment of fraud claims.
- Provided real-time advice during construction to general contractor facing millions in liquidated damages on a local government design-build project, resulting in a favorable settlement of claims before project completion.
- Drafted and assisted with the presentation of formal claims for cost and time on multiple federal projects.
- Prosecuted and defended numerous mechanics’ lien and payment bond claims on behalf of owners, general contractors, and subcontractors.
- Represented and counseled multiple owners and contractors on licensing and compliance-related matters.
Pro Bono Representation
- Represented inmate in state medical malpractice claim, obtaining favorable settlement after defeating motion to dismiss.
- Author, “Follow the Rules or Lose: Claims and Disputes on City of Chicago Construction Projects,” Construction Law Corner (Summer 2019)
- Author, “Mitigating and Managing Commodity Price Risks,” Laurie & Brennan LLP Client Alert (February 2021)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Illinois, 2013