Daniel S. Brennan
Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., 1990, cum laude
University of Notre Dame
- B.A., 1986, cum laude
- Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry; Current Governing Committee Member; Former Member of Steering Committee of Division 12 (Owners & Lenders)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys
Daniel S. Brennan
Mr. Brennan, founding partner of Laurie & Brennan, LLP, concentrates his practice on advising owners, designers and contractors on risk management in the construction process; prosecuting and defending construction claims including professional negligence, cost overrun, and delay claims; negotiating and drafting construction and design contracts for architects, engineers and owners; and advising clients with respect to design and construction of accessible facilities under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Fair Housing Act.
- Board of Managers of the Courtyards at the Woodlands Condo Assoc. v. IKO Chicago, Inc., 697 N.E.2d 727 (Ill. 1998)
- IHP Industrial, Inc. v. PermAlert ESP, 178 F.R.D. 483 (S.D. Miss. 1997); 947 F. Supp. 257 (S.D. Miss. 1996)
Publications and Presentations
Mr. Brennan has authored numerous publications and articles for professional construction organizations and magazines. He is a frequent presenter for professional construction groups and associations.
Awards and Honors
Mr. Brennan is consistently ranked among the top lawyers in construction law. His awards and honors include:
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, which in 2007 said he is an "all-around first-rate construction lawyer" and in 2008 described him as "wonderful;"
- He is recommended in the PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook 2009;
- Listing in The International Who's Who of Construction Lawyers;
- Listing as an Illinois Super Lawyer;
- Expert Guides named him as a top lawyer in construction law in the USA in Best of the Best 2012.
Dan is a runner—he runs marathons, and he runs hither and yon following the extracurricular exploits of his four children.